Thinking up new ideas for date nights can be a bit tricky. But seriously, here in Asheville, we have an amazing amount of ways you can spend some tender moments with the one you love. Just take a little advice from Luke Danes of the Gilmore Girls: “This thing we’re doing here, you, me. I’m in. I am all in.” No matter how you like to spend your time, just be “all in.” You and the one you love will experience some wonderful times making lifelong memories you can share with your grandkids. Here are 10 date night ideas in Western NC to get you started.
For the Romantic
- Spend some time at the Biltmore. This is not just a dusty, historic home. It’s an opportunity to stroll through some gorgeous gardens, visit the interior rooms of this luxurious home, walk or bike the lush trails and other outdoor activities, visit the award-winning winery, and so much more. This alone could take days to explore all that the Biltmore has to offer.
- Soar over the Blue Ridge Mountains on a hot air balloon ride with the Asheville Balloon Company. Early morning rides provide a breathtaking view that the two of you can share together. They fly year round. One of the most sought after seasons is obviously, the fall. However, each season provides a unique view and is worth seeing.
- Not a romantic adventurer? No worries. You can rest and relax with a couple’s massage at Asheville Salt Cave. Experience the benefits of both massage and salt therapy. Let the cares of your daily life stresses fall away with the rejuvenating touch that’s tailored to your specific needs. Just thinking about it helps you relax, right?!
For the Fun-Loving Adventurer
- Girls just wanna have fun…guys, too! Who doesn’t love to play pinball? Spend an evening at the Asheville Pinball Museum. It’s a great place to hang out and have some fun. Let your competitive spirit bring a little spark to the evening.
- If you’re wanting some vigorous fun to wash away all your stress, you need to connect with the Asheville Adventure Company. Grab an oar and take on the spray of the French Broad. Hop on your bike and discover Asheville on their bike tours in the mountains or visiting local breweries. Get an adrenaline rush as you take on some outdoor adventures!
- Take a romantic drive through the Blue Ridge Parkway. We get it—you love the outdoors from the comfy seat of your car. It stretches for hundreds of miles with some stunning views. Fill up your tank, grab some snacks and go cruisin’.
For the Foodies
- Cozy up with a hot cup of java! Start your day or awaken your lazy afternoon with a steaming cup of your favorite brew at Sweeten Creek Coffee, now serving morsel cookies. When a baker and coffee maker get together you know you’re going to get something scrumptious! That’s exactly what happened in the creation of the thickest and best cookies in the southeast. Coffee shops abound to heighten your day!
- You can just hear Dean Martin’s smoldering melody, When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that’s amore. Reserve your table for an intimate, romantic dinner at Strada Italiano. This family-owned and operated restaurant is located in the heart of historic Asheville. Whether you’re dining inside or on their rooftop patio, you’ll enjoy delicious cuisine and heart-warming drinks. Squisito!
For the Artsy
- If you love art and being surrounded by unbelievably talented artists, then you must vist the River Arts District. You’ll visit the working galleries of hundreds of artists including painting, pottery, jewelry, metal works, and more. The second Saturday of each month is filled with demonstrations, workshops, wine, good food…it’s an art lover’s dream!
- The Lexington Glassworks creates stunning pieces with the age-old tradition of glass blowing. You can view the process from start to finish as these craftsmen create one unique piece after another. Committed and passionate about growing the appreciation of the glass community, this is an awe-inspiring place to visit.
Just remember…Love is like a glass when broken it shatters, it is hard to put back together, but if you manage to put it back together the cracks are a constant reminder of how fragile love is. So when in love always remember to guard your heart.
End Your Night at Wildberry Lodge
After any one of these amazing date nights, let us host you with a stay in our luxurious rustic lodge. Nestled in the Smoky Mountains, you’re surrounded by the quiet, peaceful forest, beautiful in all seasons. Book now.