The winter holidays in Asheville, North Carolina are simply the best! While it might be a little different this year because of COVID-19, you can still enjoy the infinite beauty and fun to be had throughout the surrounding area. A big part of that fun is holiday shopping – really, shopping is fabulous here any time of year. Combine Asheville’s rich history of folk art and crafts with a modern-day artisan revival, and you are bound to find gifts that are not only unique, but also handmade. Wildberry Lodge presents your guide to holiday shopping in Asheville NC.
From its humble beginnings in 2008 on a small farm in Southern Illinois, In Blue Handmade has grown from one person with a sewing machine into a team of leather-working artisans with over 50,000 products for sale in their converted warehouse studio in West Asheville. Their product line is primarily handmade leather bags and totes, leather wallets, and leather instrument straps for guitar and banjo. Best of all, a portion of each purchase is donated to Feeding America, a non-profit US hunger relief organization.
- Showroom Location: 20 A Westside Drive, Asheville, NC 28806
- Hours: Open Monday – Friday 10am – 4pm. Saturday is by appointment
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Located in downtown Asheville, Lexington Glassworks’ 5,000 sq. ft. working studio is a high-quality showcase for custom glass lighting products, hand-blown glass items and accent pieces, and… a taproom (yes, you read that correctly). Their taproom highlights local craft beer, which they serve in hand-blown glasses. When you visit, feel free to sip a local brew while observing the art of glassblowing from start to finish.
- Showroom Location: 81 S. Lexington Avenue, Asheville, NC 28801
- Hours: Open Monday – Saturday 10am – 6pm. Sunday 11am – 6pm
- Contact: (828) 348-8427 or email email@example.com
Located in the River Arts district, Spicewalla is the latest Asheville venture by 4-time James Beard nominated chef Meherwan Irani, the founder of the Chai Pani Restaurant Group. Spicewalla features fresh, small batch spices from around the globe, packed and processed by hand, with a sourcing, selection, and blending process that Irani himself personally curates. You can find articles featuring Spicewalla in Food & Wine Magazine, Star Chefs Magazine, Asheville Citizen Times, Edible Asheville, and Southern Living.
- Showroom Location: 829 Riverside Drive, Suite 110, Asheville, NC 28801
- Hours: Open for order pickup Tuesday, Thursday & Friday 10am – 3pm
- Contact: (828) 417-7010 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
First, the name: in medieval Europe, people believed spicy foods had aphrodisiac qualities, including mustard. Therefore, in order to preserve their chastity, the more strict orders of monks were forbidden to eat mustard. Today, Lusty Monk has been “spicing things up” in the Asheville area since 2007, and you’ll find their products at taprooms, breweries, grocers and restaurants throughout Western North Carolina. You can also buy Lusty Monk products direct online and have it shipped, or buy locally in Asheville at various Ingles Markets and Whole Foods as well as smaller independent markets.
- Contact: email@example.com
Well, you can’t have holidays without chocolate, right? Sign up for a tour of the French Broad Chocolate factory in the River Arts district, where you’ll learn the chocolate making process, from cacao beans into chocolate bars. You will also do a walk-through of the factory where you’ll observe each step of the process. Get your holiday shopping done in person or online.
- Factory Location: 821 Riverside Drive Asheville NC 28801 (828) 348-5187
- Hours: Open Daily 12pm – 8pm Tours offered daily at 2 and 4; must schedule ahead of time
- Boutique & Lounge: Downtown at Pack Square, 10 S Pack Square, Asheville NC 28801 (828) 252-4181
- Lounge Hours: Open Daily 11am – 10pm
- Boutique Hours: Open Monday – Friday 2pm – 9pm, Saturday & Sunday 12pm – 9pm
There are so many unique shopping finds in downtown Asheville and its surrounding areas – all of which are an easy commute from your stay at Wildberry Lodge. Revel in our luxurious guest accommodations, and our down-home “Blue Ridge” hospitality. Our breakfasts are homemade goodness that will sweeten your culinary experience. Savor the mountains with us. Book online or call 828-683-2525