- 2 cups Sugar
- 6 eggs - beaten
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3-4 cups stale cinnamon bread
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ stick ( ¼ cup ) room temperature butter
- ½ stick ( ¼ cup ) room temperature butter 1 cup Pecans (chopped)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup sugar
Directions for Bread Pudding:
1. Preheat over to 350 deg F
2. Grease or spray a 8 X 12 baking dish (any similar size will work)
3. Cube bread and add to baking dish
4. Mix together sugar
milk and vanilla and pour over bread cubes
5. Set in refrigerator for at least 15 minutes
but can sit overnight.
6. In a separate bowl mix the brown Sugar
and pecans .
7. Sprinkle mixture over bread cube mixture before baking.
8. Bake 40-45 minutes
until set (baking time may vary
insert testing straw/toothpick into center of pudding if the straw is clean when removed the pudding is set)
Cool 10 minutes and serve warm in dessert cups with Crème Anglaise spooned over top
Directions for Crème Anglaise
1. In a small sauce pan
heat cream until it bubbles
2. While cream is heating
whisk together egg yolks and sugar until smooth
3. Slowly pour ½ cup of the warmed heavy cream into the egg yolk mixture and whisk together.
4. Gradually add the egg/sugar/cream mixture back into the rest of the warm cream and continue to cook whisking constantly.
5. Add the vanilla.
6. Continue to cook until the mixture coats the back of a spoon.
7. Serve warm