It’s April in Asheville, and spring is literally bursting out every which way you look: look up and you’ll see our flowering dogwood trees, which also happens to be the state flower in North Carolina. Look down and you’ll see a colorful palette of flora including Daffodils, Painted Trillium, pink and yellow Ladyslipper, among others. And if you walk into any farmer’s market right now and you’ll find fresh strawberries available now-and that’s the main ingredient in the Best Strawberry Crepe Recipe in Asheville NC.
Don’t Forget Dad!
With Father’s Day around the corner in June, may we suggest treating Dad to a mountain “Golf Getaway” weekend with our Golf Package–clubs included! And you can try the Strawberry Crepes in person!
Glenda’s Strawberry Crepes With Greek Yogurt Filling
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Serves: 4
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 Cup Milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp sugar
- zest from 1 orange
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Sliced strawberries with powdered sugar to taste and black berries or blueberries for color
- Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- Mix ingredients 1-6 well with wisk or immersion blender
- Let mixture sit for a minimum of 30 minutes to allow gluten to develop (can also sit overnight).
- Preheat a non stick crepe pan until drops of water sizzle on surface. Add a small ladle of crepe batter to pan. Tilt/roll pan to allow batter to cover the entire bottom. The crepe batter should be very thin. If it will not flow well over the pan, you may need to thin the batter with water until the batter flows over bottom of the pan.
- Let the crepe cook until the batter is set and the underside has a little color. Then flip the crepe and cook 10 seconds on the opposite side. Slide onto plate and cover to keep the crepe moist. Repeat until all of the batter is used. I usually get 8 to 10 crepes.
- Spoon vanilla yogurt onto 1 side of crepe (1 tbsp) and fold crepe in half. Fold in half again or roll crepe. Repeat until all crepes are filled.
- Place 2 crepes on each plate and spoon sweetened sliced strawberries on top. Sprinkle with black or blue berries and, if you like, you can add whipped cream.
Click here if you’d like more of our favorite recipes, or you can try them in person-just make your reservation now! Just minutes from both the Blue Ridge Parkway and downtown Asheville, our bed and breakfast offers all the comforts of traditional hotels with the welcoming feel of a private home. Spacious, well-appointed guest rooms with plush, comfy chairs and beds and luxurious private baths await. All rooms enjoy tranquil views of lush greenery and our spectacular mountains. Check out our specials, book online or call us at 828-683-2525